Making Peace

They asked me whether I had it in me what it takes to get to the top.

Whether I was mature, smart and tough enough to handle the plights of the cruel corporate world. They questioned my ability to think on my feet. Or to do anything worthwhile, really.

They called me naive. And a whole bunch of other things I probably was. Or still am.

You see, whether I have decided what kind of banker I want to be in life (at least I know I definitely want to be a banker - made it that far) I do not know. I, however, am pretty certain of the kind of human being I want to be.

And in that department, I might be able to kick ass.

In the journey to the top, one has to leave behind an awful lot of things. Usually beloved. You have just got  to be that hungry (interchangeable with greedy and selfish, I believe). And while I am no longer afraid of walking that walk on my own, I do not see why I have to do it by breaking so many hearts.

After all, they said to be tough. Not unfair.

The climb is still mine to make. It will only be easier if I have happy thoughts to reminisce when I falter, stumble - or even fall

6 comments:

  1. Excellent post!
    Some people speak as if to climb to the top one has to get rid of the extra baggage to make it easier. But it doesn't have to be so. You sum it up nicely when you say, "After all, they said to be tough, not unfair."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Nas! I am glad you're still following the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My untold months worth of thoughts expressed in a few centimetres. Hehe. Sounds heroic, and rightly so. Loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to make peace with the world and life. (Y).

    ReplyDelete