White Flag

Every story has that same beginning...

Once upon a time...

Because, often, we decide to begin each story that same way.

The ending, however, does not always happen as expected.

Not all stories are happy-ever-afters.

Not all stories have a perfect ending.

Through thick and thin I spent the last three years in this house. Just about a week remains before my departure.

I looked forward to it, pretty much. I was happy to get away from these horrible children I spent loathing and cursing all the time. I was happy to get away from the stench their bedsheets gave off because they weren't potty trained properly.

In short, I was happy to leave this house, once and for all.

It appeared to be the perfect ending.

But sometimes, life turns all ironic on you.

Yesterday, I watched them fight for the umpteenth time. And in the blink of an eye, I watched their thirteen years of marriage collapse...

Nothing in this life is absolute. And nothing will stay that way anymore, anyway...

So after three years, I will finally leave this house. But, not the way I intended to. Not carrying the feeling I hoped to...

And the story will end too, of course. Every story must.

But in this one, not everyone will be happy. Not everyone will be smiling...

No comments:

Post a Comment