Detour This Way

"What are you even doing here?"

"I'm sorry?"

"With what you have to offer, don't you think you should be somewhere else? Why here?"

I stared at him for a few seconds, not sure what he wanted me to say in reply to his query. Honestly, I didn't want to be here. I was...sort of...sidetracked, said a voice at the back of my head.

"Well?" he still seemed pressing for an answer.

"If this place has something worthy to offer - why not?"

Two months ago, I came to this forsaken land with a plan - and a suitcase, that I didn't want to unpack.

Two months later, I have stuffed all the contents of the suitcase into the wardrobe. But, when exactly did I decide on staying?

I guess I never did. They all told me to. And me, the control freak who needs to have everything done his way, agreed.

I may have not said it out loud. But I did put my plan on hold. And fed their directions into my mind.

I did something I said I would never do in life.

And that was compromise.

Today, I realise things might not actually work out for me. Just the way I thought they wouldn't when I got here.

Today, I realise the signs have always been there, pointing at it. The signs I have been asking for all this time.

Today, I have answers. Well, some at least.

And perhaps today is the time to get back on my original plan. It won't be any easy the way I had it worked out. But, if it has something worthy to offer - why not?

Besides, nobody said it would be easy; they just said it would be worth it...

2 comments:

  1. Go ahead bro and do what you must. Execute the plan. You have my wishes. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "nobody said it would be easy; they just said it would be worth it..."

    I love that line.

    We value that which does not come easy.

    Compromising is a part of life. Try having a Gf and let me know how that never compromising thing goes.

    ReplyDelete